Race results!

Thomas E.

Oct 14, 2017, 11:37:45 PM10/14/17
Alan McColl wins today's FF class. Alan Baker has the slowest FF qualifying time and does not start. Maybe Alan should have spent more time on preparing for the weekend races and less on meaningless newsgroup arguments.

Alan Baker

Oct 15, 2017, 2:32:18 AM10/15/17
On 2017-10-14 8:37 PM, Thomas E. wrote:
> Alan McColl wins today's FF class. Alan Baker has the slowest FF qualifying time and does not start. Maybe Alan should have spent more time on preparing for the weekend races and less on meaningless newsgroup arguments.

LOL

I notice you didn't comment on Doug Floer not starting or on 2015 SCCA
National Champion, Rick Payne not starting...

Thomas E.

Oct 15, 2017, 7:25:12 AM10/15/17
So instead of stating the obvious why not give us your usual lame excuses?

Alan Baker

Oct 15, 2017, 10:26:21 AM10/15/17
On 2017-10-15 4:25 AM, Thomas E. wrote:
> So instead of stating the obvious why not give us your usual lame excuses?

Why do you give me your excuses, Liarboy?

You're the one who tried to tell me when I was running lap for lap at
about the same pace as Doug that it was because he must not be getting a
clear lap...

:-)

Sam Bo

Oct 15, 2017, 12:19:23 PM10/15/17

"Thomas E." wrote in message
It has been suggested in the past he take up a new hobby. Target shooting
was suggested. Using his head as a target was also suggested. It might
work for him. He can't do much worse than he does now.

Thomas E.

Oct 15, 2017, 4:21:50 PM10/15/17
He should shoot his race car.

Thomas E.

Oct 15, 2017, 9:19:02 PM10/15/17
Another deflection.

So Alan, qualifying was dismal for you. You ran 9 laps, all well off the pace. The McColl qualifying and three race pace indicates a dry track all weekend.

Baker DNS the first race, and a no-show for the other two.

So what happened that kept Loserboy out of all 3 season-ending races? Also, perennial favorites Floer and Payne also missed all three races after qualifying faster than the very slow Baker.

So what happened?

Did the inept Baker take out the other 2 by rear-ending them? Did the reappearance of Alan McColl, who totally dominated FF over the weekend, frighten Baker out of the competition? Was Baker's pre-race prep inept? Was his car sabotaged by Alan McColl? Inquiring minds want more of Baker's lame excuses.

One thing is for sure, it looks like Alan is going to lose 3rd place in the FF season championship to Erle Archer. Erle gets 7 points for race 1, 6 points for race 2 and 7 points for race 3. That 20 points, a total of 113 to Baker's 99. Erle gets properly rewarded for consistently showing up ready to race. Loserboy Baker gets relegated to 4th place for failing to do so.

Justice is done.

-hh

Oct 15, 2017, 11:16:02 PM10/15/17
And just what "justice" is this? That you're clearly jealous that he was out enjoying
himself ... and you weren't?

-hh

Thomas E.

Oct 15, 2017, 11:38:45 PM10/15/17
I'm happy for Erle. He made almost every race, that's a lot of work. It's not about me.

Alan Baker

Oct 16, 2017, 1:38:53 AM10/16/17
On 2017-10-15 6:19 PM, Thomas E. wrote:
> On Sunday, October 15, 2017 at 10:26:21 AM UTC-4, Alan Baker wrote:
>> On 2017-10-15 4:25 AM, Thomas E. wrote:
>>> So instead of stating the obvious why not give us your usual lame excuses?
>>>

>> Why do you give me your excuses, Liarboy?
>>
>> You're the one who tried to tell me when I was running lap for lap at
>> about the same pace as Doug that it was because he must not be getting a
>> clear lap...
>>
>> :-)
>
> Another deflection.
>
> So Alan, qualifying was dismal for you. You ran 9 laps, all well off the pace. The McColl qualifying and three race pace indicates a dry track all weekend.

No, Liarboy. There's lots more going on that you know.

> Baker DNS the first race, and a no-show for the other two.

Yup. Just like Doug Floer and Rick Payne.

:-)

> So what happened that kept Loserboy out of all 3 season-ending races? Also, perennial favorites Floer and Payne also missed all three races after qualifying faster than the very slow Baker.
>
> So what happened?
>
> Did the inept Baker take out the other 2 by rear-ending them?

Nope.

> Did the reappearance of Alan McColl, who totally dominated FF over the weekend, frighten Baker out of the competition?

Nope.

> Was Baker's pre-race prep inept?

Nope.

> Was his car sabotaged by Alan McColl?

Nope.

> Inquiring minds want more of Baker's lame excuses.
>
> One thing is for sure, it looks like Alan is going to lose 3rd place in the FF season championship to Erle Archer. Erle gets 7 points for race 1, 6 points for race 2 and 7 points for race 3. That 20 points, a total of 113 to Baker's 99. Erle gets properly rewarded for consistently showing up ready to race. Loserboy Baker gets relegated to 4th place for failing to do so.

LOL!

> Justice is done.

Alan Baker

Oct 16, 2017, 1:39:38 AM10/16/17
Of course it's about you, Liarboy. You don't even know Erle (at one
point calling him by some other name entirely).

Thomas E.

Oct 16, 2017, 7:10:51 AM10/16/17
From you

"No, Liarboy. There's lots more going on that you know."

If I knew I would not be asking all the questions.

So just tell us what happened.

Thomas E.

Oct 16, 2017, 7:13:31 AM10/16/17
Second reply:

I don't have to know someone to be happy for them.

Alan Baker

Oct 16, 2017, 10:47:31 AM10/16/17
Why should I, Liarboy?

You've been so thoroughly unpleasant, why should I?

Alan Baker

Oct 16, 2017, 10:47:59 AM10/16/17
You do for it to actually MEAN something.

Sam Bo

Oct 16, 2017, 11:49:20 AM10/16/17

"Thomas E." wrote in message

>He should shoot his race car.

It is not his car that's at fault.

It is the nut behind the wheel that is the problem.

Thomas E.

Oct 16, 2017, 5:18:03 PM10/16/17
WTF does that sentence mean? In such a snit you can't string words together. Whatever happened it must have been pretty bad.

Thomas E.

Oct 16, 2017, 5:19:41 PM10/16/17
I will find out. Don't you want your version told before I get the chance?

Alan Baker

Oct 16, 2017, 5:46:27 PM10/16/17
You make the ongoing error of believing I care, Liarboy.

I'll tell you: I had an accident.

I'm not certain of exactly why, but on the run down into turn one on the
main straight, when I hit the brakes, the right rear tire locked, and
because I was close to the wall on the left, I hit it.

Sam Bo

Oct 16, 2017, 8:20:34 PM10/16/17

"Thomas E." wrote in message
It was by no fault of his as usual.

Thomas E.

Oct 17, 2017, 9:56:55 AM10/17/17
Really, then how did you manage 9 laps in the Saturday qualifying, and seemed to be pretty consistent (though slow) on those 9 laps.

Alan Baker

Oct 20, 2017, 6:51:52 AM10/20/17
That would be WHY I didn't have a problem on those laps, Liarboy. I was
working up a car that had had a suspension change, and was on extremely
cold tires.

Thomas E.

Oct 20, 2017, 12:02:09 PM10/20/17
So you damaged the car before the qualifying? You had 9 laps to warm up the tires, still ran like a turtle, then called it quits?

That cost you 3rd place in the season rankings, and almost cost you 4th.

LOL

Alan Baker

Oct 20, 2017, 1:25:24 PM10/20/17
Nope.

> You had 9 laps to warm up the tires, still ran like a turtle, then called it quits?

Nope. There was a black flag all cars in the middle of those 9 laps.

I came out again, and I spun and hit the wall. It happens.

The black flag I just mentioned came out because former national
champion, Rick Payne went wide, ran over the grass then back onto the
track and took out himself and Doug.

> That cost you 3rd place in the season rankings, and almost cost you 4th.

Because the only thing that matters to someone like you, Liarboy, is how
well I finished.

I know I'm fast enough to run with the guy who holds the lap record at
Mission in my class. You know it, too.

> LOL

Thomas E.

Oct 20, 2017, 6:52:04 PM10/20/17
In this case, another driver is blamed.

Alan Baker

Oct 20, 2017, 7:32:10 PM10/20/17
Really? Which other driver have I blamed?

Thomas E.

Oct 20, 2017, 10:12:12 PM10/20/17
The 2 that you have claimed spun you out.

Thomas E.

Oct 20, 2017, 10:15:25 PM10/20/17
Wow, that must have been spectacular.

You are not good enough to finish high in the season standings. Almost finished 5th behind Doobie this year, and he did not show up until the second July race!

Alan Baker

Oct 21, 2017, 7:05:50 AM10/21/17
I didn't claim that, Liarboy. I didn't so much as imply it.

Sam Bo

Oct 21, 2017, 7:46:37 AM10/21/17

"Thomas E." wrote in message
It seems other drivers are ALWAYS blamed.

Alan Baker

Oct 21, 2017, 2:26:38 PM10/21/17
Yeah... ...I consider it very unfortunate, Liarboy.

You might want to consider WHY that is.

> You are not good enough to finish high in the season standings.

The results disagree.

> Almost finished 5th behind Doobie this year, and he did not show up
> until the second July race!

I missed two events of the year with engine problems not of my own
making, Liarboy. So I did one more event than Andrew, and that's only if
you count a weekend where I didn't get an opportunity to run a race.

In races with both completed, he beat me just once.

Sam Bo

Oct 21, 2017, 4:23:49 PM10/21/17

"Thomas E." wrote in message
Seems you got him raving away. Funny.

Thomas E.

Oct 23, 2017, 8:52:18 AM10/23/17
BS again, you have claimed that drivers came into a corner too fast, hit you, and spun you out.

Alan Baker

Oct 23, 2017, 11:36:04 AM10/23/17
Quote it. Because that is NOT what I said.

Sam Bo

Oct 23, 2017, 5:55:15 PM10/23/17

"Thomas E." wrote in message
Now you got him lying through his yellow teeth. Good work.

Thomas E.

Oct 23, 2017, 7:16:15 PM10/23/17
OH, you never posted a video of a driver coming up to you to "apologize" after spinning you out by clipping your right rear tire after he "overcooked" it in a turn?

Thomas E.

Oct 23, 2017, 7:21:39 PM10/23/17
On Monday, October 23, 2017 at 5:55:15 PM UTC-4, Sam Bo wrote:
> "Thomas E." wrote in message
>
> On Saturday, October 21, 2017 at 7:05:50 AM UTC-4, Alan Baker wrote:

> > > The 2 that you have claimed spun you out.
> > >

> > I didn't claim that, Liarboy. I didn't so much as imply it.
>
> >BS again, you have claimed that drivers came into a corner too fast, hit
> >you, and spun you out.
>
> Now you got him lying through his yellow teeth. Good work.

Think that's a lie, the braggart owns a 4 year old phone, drives a very old Miata, and claims he can "afford the best." Hell, he can't even afford a residence with it's own laundry room! Even I have one of those, not to mention a 2017 model cell phone, and 2 low mileage 2015 Hondas with the top of the line EXL trim.

None of those are "the best" homes, cars or phones in an absolute sense. Maybe Bill Gates can always afford the best, but not you, me or Liarboy.

Alan Baker

Oct 23, 2017, 7:26:25 PM10/23/17
You said, "In THIS case", did you not?

Alan Baker

Oct 23, 2017, 7:27:03 PM10/23/17
Actually, I drive a 2012 BMW 135i M Package...

Sam Bo

Oct 23, 2017, 7:31:37 PM10/23/17

"Thomas E." wrote in message
Notice how every single one of that jerks crashes have been someone else's
fault? Every one. He must be a natural race car champ. Make that chump.

Sam Bo

Oct 23, 2017, 7:33:25 PM10/23/17

"Thomas E." wrote in message
Was that another of his fairy tales? There are so many.

Thomas E.

Oct 24, 2017, 6:12:07 PM10/24/17
So the Miata finally died and you bought a bottom feeder BMW with a trim package. Impressive!

ed

Oct 24, 2017, 6:57:21 PM10/24/17
On Tuesday, October 24, 2017 at 3:12:07 PM UTC-7, Thomas E. wrote:
> So the Miata finally died and you bought a bottom feeder BMW with a trim package. Impressive!

a better attempt at an insult is to claim he got it from his brother (whether it's true or not), as he's mentioned his brother has a 135. :D

but seriously, you have a civic and a crv... a 135 (besides not being a bottom feeder in any sense) is *way* nicer than either one of those...

Thomas E.

Oct 24, 2017, 9:35:38 PM10/24/17
Nicer than the Civic, but can you haul anything in a 135?

Thomas E.

Oct 24, 2017, 9:43:35 PM10/24/17
More...

So, McColl, the used car salesman, took pity on you and got you a deal on a Beemer? They are nice cars, I've driven a few.

It just hit me. At this month's SCCB event 2 of your faster competitors took each other out. You apparently tore up your car too. You were essentially guaranteed 2nd place in all 3 races behind McColl. You might have even won at least a race. Instead you did not even get to compete, falling to 4th place in the season standings behind Erle.

OOOOOOOH, that must hurt. Hurt real, real bad, Loseboy.

LOL

-hh

Oct 25, 2017, 8:02:03 AM10/25/17
Since Alan also owns a pickup truck, why would 'hauling' be a concern?
Or is this merely YA put-down attempt from Tommy?

Besides, a Honda CR-V can only tow a maximum of 1500lbs ... and there's
even some Porsches which have higher capacity ratings than that! ;-P

-hh

Thomas E.

Oct 25, 2017, 12:09:50 PM10/25/17
I refer to interior space not trailers. I remember Alan stating that he had someone else take his car to the track. Was I wrong?

Alan Baker

Oct 25, 2017, 5:33:31 PM10/25/17
Well, the Miata does need work...

...but a twin-scroll turbocharged BMW making 320 horsepower is hardly a
bottom feeder, Liarboy.

Alan Baker

Oct 25, 2017, 5:34:53 PM10/25/17
On 2017-10-24 11:57 PM, ed wrote:
> On Tuesday, October 24, 2017 at 3:12:07 PM UTC-7, Thomas E. wrote:
>> So the Miata finally died and you bought a bottom feeder BMW with a trim package. Impressive!
>
> a better attempt at an insult is to claim he got it from his brother (whether it's true or not), as he's mentioned his brother has a 135. :D

I did buy it from my brother! He needed a bigger vehicle for his growing
family and his work as a contractor, and he didn't like the trade in
they offered.

So we did a deal.

:-)

> but seriously, you have a civic and a crv... a 135 (besides not being a bottom feeder in any sense) is *way* nicer than either one of those...

*Way* **WAY** nicer!

:-)

Alan Baker

Oct 25, 2017, 5:36:04 PM10/25/17
Yup. At least as much as any Civic, Liarboy.

And you can do it with 320hp, great handling, etc.

:-)

Alan Baker

Oct 25, 2017, 5:37:11 PM10/25/17
Nope. Wrong again, Liarboy!

> It just hit me. At this month's SCCB event 2 of your faster competitors took each other out. You apparently tore up your car too. You were essentially guaranteed 2nd place in all 3 races behind McColl. You might have even won at least a race. Instead you did not even get to compete, falling to 4th place in the season standings behind Erle.
>
> OOOOOOOH, that must hurt. Hurt real, real bad, Loseboy.

I already won two races this year, Liarboy; and I drove Erle's car two
seconds a lap faster than he ever drove it after just 5 laps.

:-)

Alan Baker

Oct 25, 2017, 5:37:57 PM10/25/17
On 2017-10-25 5:09 PM, Thomas E. wrote:
> I refer to interior space not trailers. I remember Alan stating that he had someone else take his car to the track. Was I wrong?

You're lying, Liarboy.

You cannot remember me stating something I never said.

Kind of like how you disappeared from your claim that I said two other
cars had driven me off the track...

-hh

Oct 25, 2017, 10:20:10 PM10/25/17
Tom wrote:
> I refer to interior space not trailers.

That may have been your intent, but not what you articulated.

In any event does not a pickup's capacity ... For both ... trump your tin can?

> I remember Alan stating that he had someone else take his car to the track. Was I wrong?

Perhaps merely very dated and you missed/ignored subsequent comments of him getting a pickup & trailer.

-hh

michae...@gmail.com

Oct 26, 2017, 8:45:04 AM10/26/17
On Wednesday, October 25, 2017 at 12:09:50 PM UTC-4, Thomas E. wrote:
> I refer to interior space not trailers. I remember Alan stating that he had someone else take his car to the track. Was I wrong?

Just got back for a few days. Looking over this thread I see you have gotten the two little midgets into a raving swoon!!

Keep up the good work.

One of the little dicks has gotten a used car from IS's bro. To bad IT can't afford a new vette at the least. But I'm sure IT will say how IT'S new..... ummm ...used POS is a vette beater.

It's always amusing to see little people working so hard to make themselves look like BIG people. BIG wives, BIG cars!!! BIG lies.

Great thread. Thanks.

-hh

Oct 26, 2017, 9:40:21 AM10/26/17
"Michael" sockpuppet trolls:

> Just got back for a few days.

Weekend parole release again?
Or was it the detox clinic this time?

> ...I'm sure IT will say how IT'S...POS is a vette beater.

Well, at 10 ft³ vs 39.2 ft³, the Vette certainly loses:
its hauling capacity is vastly inferior to a CR-V. /S

But maybe you can compensate by street racing their CR-V
with your (alleged) Vette on the Taconic Parkway! :-)

-hh

michae...@gmail.com

Oct 26, 2017, 10:21:46 AM10/26/17
On Thursday, October 26, 2017 at 9:40:21 AM UTC-4, -hh wrote:
> "Michael" sockpuppet trolls:
> >
> > Just got back for a few days.
>
> Weekend parole release again?
> Or was it the detox clinic this time?

Working with Gazprom, making beaucoup bucks, unlike you, Shrimp.

Awwww...forced into a deflection because you have nothing better to defend your little butt buddy with.

> But maybe you can compensate by street racing their CR-V
> with your (alleged) Vette on the Taconic Parkway! :-)

Perhaps I could even out the odds by having your cow as my passenger? Think she would like that? And don't worry, I don't make moves on big fat women. Does having control over such a large beast make you feel taller?

BTW, ever buy those elevator shoes?

-hh

Oct 26, 2017, 2:00:51 PM10/26/17
Pwnd troll compensates:
> -hh wrote:
>> "Michael" sockpuppet trolls:
>> >
>> > Just got back for a few days.
>>
>> Weekend parole release again?
>> Or was it the detox clinic this time?
>
> Working with Gazprom, making beaucoup bucks, unlike you, Shrimp.

Oh, so it was instead the Psych Ward again (forgot about your delusions).

>> > ...I'm sure IT will say how IT'S...POS is a vette beater.
>>
>> Well, at 10 ft³ vs 39.2 ft³, the Vette certainly loses:
>> its hauling capacity is vastly inferior to a CR-V. /S
>
> Awwww...forced into a deflection because you have nothing
> better to defend your little butt buddy with.

Reading comprehension fail! ;-)

>> But maybe you can compensate by street racing their CR-V
>> with your (alleged) Vette on the Taconic Parkway! :-)
>
> Perhaps I could even out the odds by having your cow as
> my passenger? Think she would like that? And don't worry,..

Oh, I'm not worried, as you're quite thoroughly handicapped on
your own! That's why even Tom could spank you in his CR-V ;-)

-hh

michae...@gmail.com

Oct 26, 2017, 2:32:45 PM10/26/17
Still babbling, Midget?

No answer on the cow? Does she give you a thorough thrashing when you act out?

No answer on those elevator shoes? They might make you an inch taller, but they can't cure your stoopidity.

Alan Baker

Oct 26, 2017, 7:27:59 PM10/26/17
Actually, I've never once had anyone else take my car to the track.

Thomas E.

Oct 27, 2017, 8:37:42 AM10/27/17
Let's see. The BMW model series are numbered 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and X. So 1 is (was) the least expensive within the BMW line. 2010-2013 135i models are advertised in the $12-20k range here in the U.S. Hardly a bank-buster.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used-BMW-1-Series-d1052?sourceContext=usedPaidSearchNoZip&utm_term=bmw%20135&utm_campaign=BMW-comp-en&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=bing&utm_content=BMW%201%20Series%20make-model-Used

BMW's USA site does not even show a 1 series, so if ever sold here it must have been a bust.

https://www.bmwusa.com/

Same for the BMW Canada site.

https://www.bmw.ca/en/all-models.html

So, you apparently bought an out-of-manufacture orphan model. I'd call that a bottom feeder of a BMW.

Nice try.

Thomas E.

Oct 27, 2017, 8:39:57 AM10/27/17
So now you claim that after Erle drove his car just 5 laps you drove a 2 seconds faster lap. Wow. Give the guy a chance!

That's what you said, not me!

Thomas E.

Oct 27, 2017, 8:45:54 AM10/27/17
A good deal on an orphan model BMW that had poor trade value. What are the chances?

I can seat get 4 people comfortably in either of my cars. The CRV can hold cargo. Try to take a new lawnmower home in the 135. I bought a new mower just last week, it fit easily in the CRV.

Oh, I forget, you can't afford a place with a lawn in Vancouver! Living in a small condo with a shared laundry room is what makes the city so desirable.

Alan Baker

Oct 27, 2017, 10:49:35 AM10/27/17
No, Liarboy. *I* only did 5 laps in it. Erle wanted an opinion on how it
was handling and he thought enough of my driving to ask me.

> That's what you said, not me!

No... ...it's really not.

BTW, I notice you've run away from the sub-thread where you said I had
blamed two other drivers for my crash.

Weird, huh?

Alan Baker

Oct 27, 2017, 11:00:03 AM10/27/17
I'll go with Road&Track on this, Liarboy:

"My Blue Heaven: 2013 BMW 135is

It's not the fanciest sports coupe on the market, but BMW's 135is might
just be the best."

<http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/road-tests/reviews/a3984/road-test-my-blue-heaven-bmw-135is/>

:-)

-hh

Oct 27, 2017, 11:00:51 AM10/27/17
Tom wrote:
> Let's see. The BMW model series are numbered 1, 2, 3, 4,
> 5, 6, 7 and X.

More or less. However, not all of these existed in all markets, for one thing.

> So 1 is (was) the least expensive within the BMW line.

Before they renumbered their product lines - for the US market, the general
trend is even numbers are two door coupes and odd numbers are four doors.
As before, a higher number indicates a larger size, and larger generally
correlates to higher price, just as it has with most other manufacturers.

> 2010-2013 135i models are advertised in the $12-20k range here
> in the U.S.

Why a range when the year is known?

> Hardly a bank-buster.

Who claimed it was?

<https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used-BMW-1-Series-d1052?sourceContext=usedPaidSearchNoZip&utm_term=bmw%20135&utm_campaign=BMW-comp-en&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=bing&utm_content=BMW%201%20Series%20make-model-Used>

And which of any of these are M versions, and what's the typical
price for these? You do know that M packages aren't trivial...right?

> BMW's USA site does not even show a 1 series, so if ever sold
> here it must have been a bust.

How about you check published sales records to substantiate your
speculation? Yes, "cite please!".

> So, you apparently bought an out-of-manufacture orphan model.

Don't think so: my recollection is that the 2er replaced the 1 as a
consequence of their product lines renaming ... the 4 and 6 were
similarly "invented" by splitting off the 2 door versions which had
previously been in the 3's and 5's respectively. There's no 1 today
in the USA because BMW doesn't offer a 4-door on that platform
in this market (if it exists at all; need to check the DEU website).

> I'd call that a bottom feeder of a BMW.

You would because that's you. Nevertheless, if you really
were trying to be objective, you would have found the very
positive reviews of the 2er M ... IIRC, some have said they
think it's a better M than the 3er's M.

> Nice try.

Translation: Tommy tries YA put-down but fails.

-hh

Alan Baker

Oct 27, 2017, 11:01:41 AM10/27/17
On 2017-10-27 5:45 AM, Thomas E. wrote:
> On Wednesday, October 25, 2017 at 5:34:53 PM UTC-4, Alan Baker
> wrote:
>> On 2017-10-24 11:57 PM, ed wrote:
>>>
>>> a better attempt at an insult is to claim he got it from his
>>> brother (whether it's true or not), as he's mentioned his brother
>>> has a 135. :D
>>
>> I did buy it from my brother! He needed a bigger vehicle for his
>> growing family and his work as a contractor, and he didn't like the
>> trade in they offered.
>>
>> So we did a deal.
>>
>> :-)
>>

>>> but seriously, you have a civic and a crv... a 135 (besides not
>>> being a bottom feeder in any sense) is *way* nicer than either
>>> one of those...
>>>

>> *Way* **WAY** nicer!
>>
>> :-)
>
> A good deal on an orphan model BMW that had poor trade value. What
> are the chances?

What does "orphan model" even MEAN, Liarboy?

> I can seat get 4 people comfortably in either of my cars.

As can I.

> The CRV can hold cargo. Try to take a new lawnmower home in the 135.
> I bought a new mower just last week, it fit easily in the CRV.

The 135 can hold a surprising amount of stuff, Liarboy.

Can your CRV is far less fun to drive.

> Oh, I forget, you can't afford a place with a lawn in Vancouver!
> Living in a small condo with a shared laundry room is what makes the
> city so desirable.

I can afford my place...

...which is worth more than yours.

:-)

Thomas E.

Oct 27, 2017, 11:04:14 AM10/27/17
You need to learn how to write a clear sentence that states what you mean.

I notice that you ran away from my mention of that video clip where another driver spun you out and you blamed him for it.

Thomas E.

Oct 27, 2017, 11:05:13 AM10/27/17
If it's so wonderful why did BMW stop selling them in Canada and the U.S.?

Alan Baker

Oct 27, 2017, 11:07:10 AM10/27/17
I notice you've run away from the fact that when you first brought up a
claim that I was blaming "another driver", you also said "in this case".

Alan Baker

Oct 27, 2017, 11:10:16 AM10/27/17
They didn't. They just renamed it. Part of the reason was that a 1
series put them in an awkward position if they wanted to create an "M"
version, as the "M1" was a semi-iconic BMW supercar of late 70s to early
80s, and the didn't want to use that name for anything else. So they
were forced to come up with names like "BMW 135i M Package"...

...which doesn't exactly roll off the tongue (although it is a lot of
fun to own and drive).

:-)

-hh

Oct 27, 2017, 11:13:41 AM10/27/17
Tom tries again, saying:
> A good deal on an orphan model BMW that had poor trade value.

Not orphaned, but still sold as the 2 Series in a corporate top-to-bottom re-designation.

> What are the chances?

The chances of Tom not knowing enough when he tries to craft a
lame put-down? Pretty much 99%.

> I can seat get 4 people comfortably in either of my cars.

So what? Does Alan have that capability need?
Besides, didn't your kids move out years ago?

> The CRV can hold cargo.

As much as Alan's pickup truck can?
And how much can it tow vs that pickup?

> Try to take a new lawnmower home in the 135.

Why should anyone who also owns a pickup even bother to try?

> I bought a new mower just last week, it fit
> easily in the CRV.

Considering that I've only needed to buy a lawnmower on average
once every 10 years, having this capability isn't particularly compelling
when trading-off versus other considerations or priorities ... especially
since one can occasionally rent a truck for a day, or pay for delivery.

> Oh, I forget, you can't afford a place with a lawn in Vancouver!

Neither can you, right?

> Living in a small condo with a shared laundry room is what
> makes the city so desirable.

Well, the Market clearly says that's true, since said small condo
is worth more in that Market than your Suburban house in the sticks.

-hh

michae...@gmail.com

Oct 27, 2017, 11:25:16 AM10/27/17
Simple, they are overpriced, unreliable P'sOS, like Mac computers. But you can get them cheep.

Just another poor mans sports car.

michae...@gmail.com

Oct 27, 2017, 11:30:18 AM10/27/17
Heartwarming watching a little midget make himself look like the fool he is defending the other luzer.

How's your BIG cow?

What's the story on those elevator shoes?

Keep this in mind; when you are insecure about your short stature, think of Napoleon. It won't really help a jerk such as you, but it might assuage some of your anguish.

Remember; you will always be a little, short, shit. Like your butt buddy.

You should have kept your big mouth zipped, little shit.

Thomas E.

Oct 27, 2017, 12:26:30 PM10/27/17
Orphan means that BMW found it so undesirable that they quit making it, leaving it available at a bargain price because too few wanted to buy one.

You place has a higher price. BUT, so does everything else in the area compared to most of the planet. That higher price buys you nothing in quality or quantity of living space compared to more affordable cities. It's hard to believe that someone would brag about a small condo costing more than a 4 bedroom home with it's own laundry facilities.

NOW Liarboy, explain how you get 2 people in a Miata backseat?

As for the BMW seats,

"There's room for two in the backseat, but it's tight for taller adults. It's not so much the seat cushioning, which offers decent comfort, but more the lack of both headroom (my head was touching the roof) and legroom."

Not issues in either of our Hondas.
https://www.cars.com/reviews/our-view-2013-bmw-135-1420689344749/

Alan Baker

Oct 27, 2017, 12:41:31 PM10/27/17
Except they didn't quit making it, Liarboy: they just renamed it.

> You place has a higher price. BUT, so does everything else in the
> area compared to most of the planet. That higher price buys you
> nothing in quality or quantity of living space compared to more
> affordable cities. It's hard to believe that someone would brag about
> a small condo costing more than a 4 bedroom home with it's own
> laundry facilities.

I WASN'T bragging about it, Liarboy: you brought it up.

I'm merely pointing out that it's worth more than your house...

...which seems to piss you off quite a bit.

And what "in the area" in which I live has a higher price compared to
"most of the planet", Liarboy?

Do you have to research the statement you just made while knowing you
actually didn't know if it was true, now (BTW: that's what is called
"lying")?

> NOW Liarboy, explain how you get 2 people in a Miata backseat?

I have a Miata... ...and the BMW... ...and a 4-door pickup truck, Liarboy.

I'm covered.

:-)

> As for the BMW seats,
>
> "There's room for two in the backseat, but it's tight for taller
> adults. It's not so much the seat cushioning, which offers decent
> comfort, but more the lack of both headroom (my head was touching the
> roof) and legroom."

The guy doing the review is obviously quite tall...

...because I have very comfortably sat in the back seats of that car
many times.

> Not issues in either of our Hondas.

Something not actually supported by your following cite...

> https://www.cars.com/reviews/our-view-2013-bmw-135-1420689344749/

Which says (among other things, but this is right off the top):

'The 2013 135is isn't the quickest or most sophisticated car in BMW's
lineup, but its size and athletic demeanor make it one of the brand's
most entertaining models for everyday driving.'

It also says this:

'135is in the Market
The less-is-more mantra doesn't always make a lot of sense (Who really
wants less bacon?), but as an admitted handling snob, I submit it has a
certain appeal when it comes to cars. The 135is is fun in a way that
only a small, light car can be, and these types of cars are getting
harder and harder to find — in the BMW lineup or elsewhere. It's a
driver's car that doesn't sacrifice everyday comfort, and that's why
it's great.'

'That's why it's great'

Just FYI: the 2013 135is is essentially the same car as the 2012 135i M
Package.

ed

Oct 27, 2017, 12:46:22 PM10/27/17
On Friday, October 27, 2017 at 5:37:42 AM UTC-7, Thomas E. wrote:
> > > So the Miata finally died and you bought a bottom feeder BMW with a trim package. Impressive!
> > >

> > Well, the Miata does need work...
> >
> > ...but a twin-scroll turbocharged BMW making 320 horsepower is hardly a
> > bottom feeder, Liarboy.
>
> Let's see. The BMW model series are numbered 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and X. So 1 is (was) the least expensive within the BMW line.

so you don't know what you're talking about. surprise! :D
the 1 series coupe and 3 series coupe were rebranded the 2 and 4 series. all the even number series are marketed as couple styles now (the 6 started as 2 door couple only, but has a 4 door now marketed as a 4 door coupe; there's also convertibles of each). the new 1 series is hatchback only, and americans don't traditionally buy much in the way of premium hatches, so hasn't been brought to the u.s.

furthermore, the x1 was the cheapest in the line.
your link shows the price all the way up to $33k for a 135i, so where are you getting a $20k upper end in price? did you not realize that there's more than one page of results or something?

> BMW's USA site does not even show a 1 series, so if ever sold here it must have been a bust.

if?

ed

Oct 27, 2017, 12:47:31 PM10/27/17
On Friday, October 27, 2017 at 8:05:13 AM UTC-7, Thomas E. wrote:
> > I'll go with Road&Track on this, Liarboy:
> >
> > "My Blue Heaven: 2013 BMW 135is
> >
> > It's not the fanciest sports coupe on the market, but BMW's 135is might
> > just be the best."
> >
> > <http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/road-tests/reviews/a3984/road-test-my-blue-heaven-bmw-135is/>
> >
> > :-)
>
> If it's so wonderful why did BMW stop selling them in Canada and the U.S.?

the new 1 series is hatch only, and bmw doesn't bring premium hatches to the u.s. the 2 series is essentially the rev of the 1 series.

Alan Baker

Oct 27, 2017, 1:10:47 PM10/27/17
What's hilarious is that CarGurus shows that the absolute LEAST price
you can find on their site for a 2012 or newer BMW 135i M Package is
$15,795USD... ...which is $19,783CAD...

...or nearly $1,800 more than I paid for mine.

And the highest prices for that year and model are $28K-$32K (although
to be fair, the $32K one has some special add-ons :-), so it seems
they're holding their value pretty well if they're kept in good shape.

But when have the facts ever intruded on Liarboy's desire to throw
around insults?

:-)

ed

Oct 27, 2017, 1:11:19 PM10/27/17
On Friday, October 27, 2017 at 8:00:51 AM UTC-7, -hh wrote:
> <https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used-BMW-1-Series-d1052?sourceContext=usedPaidSearchNoZip&utm_term=bmw%20135&utm_campaign=BMW-comp-en&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=bing&utm_content=BMW%201%20Series%20make-model-Used>
>
> And which of any of these are M versions, and what's the typical
> price for these? You do know that M packages aren't trivial...right?

whooaaaa now. m packages *are* relatively trivial, whereas m versions are not. not close to the same thing. :D

> > So, you apparently bought an out-of-manufacture orphan model.
>
> Don't think so: my recollection is that the 2er replaced the 1 as a
> consequence of their product lines renaming ... the 4 and 6 were
> similarly "invented" by splitting off the 2 door versions which had
> previously been in the 3's and 5's respectively. There's no 1 today
> in the USA because BMW doesn't offer a 4-door on that platform
> in this market (if it exists at all; need to check the DEU website).

they do offer a 1 series 4 door, as a hatch (or a "5 door" if you must).

Alan Baker

Oct 27, 2017, 1:17:13 PM10/27/17
On 2017-10-27 10:11 AM, ed wrote:
> On Friday, October 27, 2017 at 8:00:51 AM UTC-7, -hh wrote:
>> <https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used-BMW-1-Series-d1052?sourceContext=usedPaidSearchNoZip&utm_term=bmw%20135&utm_campaign=BMW-comp-en&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=bing&utm_content=BMW%201%20Series%20make-model-Used>
>>
>> And which of any of these are M versions, and what's the typical
>> price for these? You do know that M packages aren't trivial...right?
>
> whooaaaa now. m packages *are* relatively trivial, whereas m versions are not. not close to the same thing. :D

True.

The 1 Series 1M however... They couldn't call it "M1" for reasons the
Liarboy just wouldn't understand.

:-)

Alan Baker

Oct 27, 2017, 1:24:09 PM10/27/17
Just to clarify: the "M Sports Package" was NOT just a trim package.

It included a sports-tuned suspension, a higher performance brake
package, 18" wheels and tires, redesigned bumpers and sills for better
aero performance...

...and I think that's important to me, anyway.

:-)

ed

Oct 27, 2017, 1:28:49 PM10/27/17
understood, and a nice package. but still (relatively) 'trivial' compared to a m version. ;D

Alan Baker

Oct 27, 2017, 1:31:01 PM10/27/17
Agreed.

:-)

michae...@gmail.com

Oct 27, 2017, 2:31:57 PM10/27/17
Now that, got some raving going!

Good work.

I love watching ASSHOLES trying to inflate the worth of their Shitbox cars.

Shitboxes for those who can't afford the real thing.

-hh

Oct 27, 2017, 4:58:23 PM10/27/17
On Friday, October 27, 2017 at 1:11:19 PM UTC-4, ed wrote:
> On Friday, October 27, 2017 at 8:00:51 AM UTC-7, -hh wrote:
> > <https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used-BMW-1-Series-d1052?sourceContext=usedPaidSearchNoZip&utm_term=bmw%20135&utm_campaign=BMW-comp-en&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=bing&utm_content=BMW%201%20Series%20make-model-Used>
> >
> > And which of any of these are M versions, and what's the typical
> > price for these? You do know that M packages aren't trivial...right?
>
> whooaaaa now. m packages *are* relatively trivial, whereas m versions
> are not. not close to the same thing. :D

Understood that BMW has sold both variants, and that there are differences
between an M Package and a full blown "M" ... but do also recall that we're
talking to Tommy here, where the prospects of paying $500 extra for metallic
paint is 'heart attack' profound.

> > > So, you apparently bought an out-of-manufacture orphan model.
> >
> > Don't think so: my recollection is that the 2er replaced the 1 as a
> > consequence of their product lines renaming ... the 4 and 6 were
> > similarly "invented" by splitting off the 2 door versions which had
> > previously been in the 3's and 5's respectively. There's no 1 today
> > in the USA because BMW doesn't offer a 4-door on that platform
> > in this market (if it exists at all; need to check the DEU website).
>
> they do offer a 1 series 4 door, as a hatch (or a "5 door" if you must).

Doesn't surprise me; just wasn't sure either way and as merely a
minor piece of trivia, didn't feel like doing the research while on a
smartphone screen while waiting for my Daily Driver's shoes to be
changed from summer rubber to winter. As such, I was merely
recalling what BMW was selling in the '13 timeframe when I was
last doing my shopping.

-hh

michae...@gmail.com

Oct 27, 2017, 5:24:24 PM10/27/17
Are blocks installed on your brake and gas pedals, Shrimp?

michae...@gmail.com

Oct 27, 2017, 5:26:58 PM10/27/17
On Sunday, October 15, 2017 at 4:21:50 PM UTC-4, Thomas E. wrote:
> He should shoot his race car.

No, IT should shoot ITself. All IT's pain and self loathing would end. And the world would be a better place.

A "win, win".

michae...@gmail.com

Oct 28, 2017, 11:52:50 AM10/28/17
On Friday, October 27, 2017 at 8:45:54 AM UTC-4, Thomas E. wrote:
> On Wednesday, October 25, 2017 at 5:34:53 PM UTC-4, Alan Baker wrote:
> > >
> > > a better attempt at an insult is to claim he got it from his brother (whether it's true or not), as he's mentioned his brother has a 135. :D
> >
> > I did buy it from my brother! He needed a bigger vehicle for his growing
> > family and his work as a contractor, and he didn't like the trade in
> > they offered.
> >
> > So we did a deal.
> >
> > :-)
> >

> > > but seriously, you have a civic and a crv... a 135 (besides not being a bottom feeder in any sense) is *way* nicer than either one of those...
> > >

> > *Way* **WAY** nicer!
> >
> > :-)
>
> A good deal on an orphan model BMW that had poor trade value. What are the chances?
>
> I can seat get 4 people comfortably in either of my cars. The CRV can hold cargo. Try to take a new lawnmower home in the 135. I bought a new mower just last week, it fit easily in the CRV.
>
> Oh, I forget, you can't afford a place with a lawn in Vancouver! Living in a small condo with a shared laundry room is what makes the city so desirable.

Isn't it sad that the Dick can't seem to keep IT's private life private?

Who really gives a shit about what he does or has. Doesn't change our lives one iota.

Alan Baker

Oct 28, 2017, 12:06:05 PM10/28/17
You sure do like to try and run it down for someone who is now trying to
claim he doesn't give a shit, Mikey.

How many sock puppets have you created lately, begging for my attention?

:-)

michae...@gmail.com

Oct 28, 2017, 6:22:23 PM10/28/17
Notice how IT just couldn't control IT'self? Such an easy fish.

Thomas E.

Oct 29, 2017, 4:13:09 PM10/29/17
On Friday, October 27, 2017 at 11:13:41 AM UTC-4, -hh wrote:
For a change I agree with you about something. Alan absolutely does not need a comfortable 4 place vehicle. Who would want to be cooped up in a car with him?

The market also clearly says that a hovel in LA is worth more than my house. Worth more? Not to me.

Thomas E.

Oct 29, 2017, 4:17:27 PM10/29/17
Does driving that powerful car make you feel like a real man? Does it get you dates? I hope you go to her place for the proverbial "drink after dinner." Yours would be quite the turn off.

Other than a chick magnet, what does the BMW really do for you that cannot be accomplished with a Civic? I'll bet that the only way you can beat me getting from A to B is to collect a trunk full of traffic tickets.

LOL

Thomas E.

Oct 29, 2017, 4:19:59 PM10/29/17
Oh yes, an areo package that makes 0 difference at legal speeds! Better brakes because you speed from stoplight to stoplight! LOL

Alan Baker

Oct 29, 2017, 4:47:40 PM10/29/17
It doesn't change how I feel about myself, Liarboy. I just enjoy driving
a very capable car and driving it well.

> Other than a chick magnet, what does the BMW really do for you that
> cannot be accomplished with a Civic? I'll bet that the only way you
> can beat me getting from A to B is to collect a trunk full of traffic
> tickets.

You'd lose.

> LOL

Alan Baker

Oct 29, 2017, 4:49:09 PM10/29/17
Actually, improve aerodynamics makes quite a different at legal speeds,
Liarboy. Ever heard of "fuel economy", "lift vs downforce". Even at
legal speeds, those things are valid considerations.

Better brakes so that one can drive enthusiastically for longer without
overheating the brakes.

Alan Baker

Oct 29, 2017, 4:49:39 PM10/29/17
Worth more is still worth more, Liarboy: plain old dollars.

michae...@gmail.com

Oct 29, 2017, 8:15:18 PM10/29/17
Keep in mind; the shitbox apartment Shit Stain crows about, was purchased with grandpappys money.

IT is such an inept Asshole that nothing IT owns, was bought with money IT earned. All inheritance money. Without that, IT would be living in a cardboard box.

And now IT crows about IT'S old, POS BMW, as if it were something special.

What IT does great; fool IT'self.

-hh

Oct 29, 2017, 9:58:36 PM10/29/17
On Sunday, October 29, 2017 at 4:13:09 PM UTC-4, Thomas E. wrote:
Even a blind squirrel occasionally finds a nut. /S

> Alan absolutely does not need a comfortable 4 place vehicle.

Really? Cite please.

In any event, his choice of fleet is clearly much more flexible than your's
is, as he is free to choose between entirely different vehicle types as his
needs vary, whereas you can only choose between a CR-V or a CR-V.

> Who would want to be cooped up in a car with him?

I can think of many people, even though you're trying to use the
classical "argumentum ad populum" fallacy to make your case:

<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum>

> The market also clearly says that a hovel in LA is worth more
> than my house. Worth more? Not to me.

Sorry Tom, but the Market is the real world arbiter for such things and the
statistics from the respective Real Estate markets make it a slam-dunk
with you in the "losing BIG" column for what the Market considers to be
the more desirable. That's why even what you claim is a 'hovel' is still
more than your suburban McMansion in the world's bellybutton for traffic
circles.

BTW, in thinking about your silly "I can even haul a lawnmower" bit, I
realized that the first two lawnmowers I had were successfully delivered
home in compact 2-door hatchbacks.

Oh, and an old diving friend of mine used to use his Miata for local diving
runs; met up with him one time at Dutch and he had loaded it down with
all the normal stuff, plus his drysuit and two sets of twin tanks. Can you
even safely lift a set of manifolded twins anymore, Tommy?

-hh

Alan Baker

Oct 29, 2017, 10:12:42 PM10/29/17
I seemed to manage getting to all my hockey games with all my gear back
when the Miata was the daily driver.

Of course... ...I wasn't a goalie.

:-)

-hh

Oct 30, 2017, 2:06:16 PM10/30/17
On Sunday, October 29, 2017 at 10:12:42 PM UTC-4, Alan Baker wrote:
> On 2017-10-29 6:58 PM, -hh wrote:

As also confirmed in Wiki:

"The first generation was produced in hatchback, coupe and
convertible body styles. Since the second generation (introduced
in 2013), the coupé and convertible models have been marketed as
the 2 Series, therefore the 1 Series range no longer includes
these body styles."

<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_1_Series>
> I seemed to manage getting to all my hockey games with all my gear back
> when the Miata was the daily driver.
>
> Of course... ...I wasn't a goalie.

Neither was Marv!

BTW, I happened to get an email update today from a friend who
bought a M240i on ED this summer .. long story short, it got
damaged in transit, so they're going to replace it with a new
one for him in ~3 months, and he gets to drive the current
(repaired) one until the replacement arrives. Here's his
driving notes:

[quote]
...oil temp gage. Scale runs from 160F to 340F. I'm not sure
it's a "real" gauge though, much like the GTI's water gage, it
shows warm-up, but then parks the needle at 230F, and doesn't
seem to waiver.

BMW's LED headlight implementations are better than the GTI's
Xenons. They seem to illuminate more, with less reflected glare...

BMW "M Brakes"...better than the GTI, but not as good as Porsche
basic black caliper brakes. Good pedal feel. Good enough for
the intended use. Would not do Walter-style Autobahn VMax runs
with it, though.

"Adaptive M suspension" has a bit more chop to it than the
Boxster's PASM. More sensation of wheels loading and unloading
over irregular pavement where the Boxster wheels just roll up over
and back down the other side of humps and chops without drama.
I've got the sport mode split, with the chassis in comfort and
the engine/exhaust in sport. In Germany, I ran everything in
straight sport. Our pavement over here sucks, so I run it in
mixed mode. None of the modes give you proper steering weighting
and contact patch feedback.

The Harmon Kardon audio system works okay, sounds better than
the Mk V GTI's "premium" system, though the Fender system in
a new VW would likely be better...

Navi is a couple of generations newer than my Boxster. I
haven't used it over here much, other than to have the map
scroll as I'm driving...

Structural rigidity seems good, maybe not quite as stiff
as a Mk VII 2 door GTI. No squeaks or rattles.

Shifter is a bit rubbery, but it's been a long time since
I've had a front engine, rear drive car, where the shifter
connects directly to the driveline. You can feel some
driveline harmonics via the shifter.

The engine is a peach, smoothest engine I've ever owned,
and plenty of power. I haven't really pushed it yet.
Mechanical compression ratio is 11:1, which seems very
high to have a turbo added atop it. I haven't noticed
any turbo lag at all."
[/quote]

-hh
It is loading more messages.